1. You call us or book online to fix a rdv (3/4 days before is better).
2. We meet us at landing place, North of St-Leu, near Kelonia). Here our team and your personal instructor are waiting to make you discover this unique experience, flying in silent air without engine .
3. With our shuttle we go to the take off:
-Les Colimaçons 800m (20mn drive)
-The Hights of St leu 1500m(45mn drive)
4. There your instructor will give you harness, helmet and prepare the tandem glider.
A few running steps and you are in the air!
5. Open wide your eyes you are flying !!!
6. Landing is soft and easy, two steps when you touch the ground, and you are again on Earth, but your mind is still in the air for a long time.
7. To recover it, Christine or Sam our photographer will offer you a drink and prepare a DVD with pics and videos recorded by your pilot of your flying adventure !
All our instructor have a State diploma.
Our tandems are equipped with a rescue parachute !!!
1. What age to fly a paraglide tandem ?
Kids can fly as soon as 4 years old, et for Senior there is no limit so far they can run a few steps for taking off (we can help them)
2. Will I get dizzy ?
No dizziness doesn't exist when flying. You only get it if your foot touch the ground. It is an inner ear problem.
3. How to dress ?
Reunion is a tropical Island, so wear shorts , T-shirt and running shoes.
In winter ( June to September) wear pants and wind stopper.
4. May i take a camera ?
Yes sure, your hands are free so you can take unforgettable pics during the flight.
You can also take a video camera just need a leash to ensure it.
5. Where shall we take off ?
Nous avons 2 sites de décollage dans les Hauts de Saint-Leu :We have 2 sites above Saint-Leu west of Reunion :
- Colimaçons (800m), The most often used because under the clouds with possibility to play with thermals for staying longer time in the air.
-The 1500m, only soon in the morning for a soft glide with morning light above fantastic landscape but too soon for thermals...
Découverte, Initiation, Progression(3 courses).
Minimum Age 14 th.
Medical Certificat < 3 month
Insurance FFVL you can get with us.
Trainings are valid for one year.
Why choosing Azurtech Paragliding ?
- Labeled FFVL
- Teaching quality:
Each course included theory and practice .
Due tu security and efficiency, during firstsolo flights, two instructors will follow you (1 at take off and 1 at landing), you will never be more than 6 students, the educational tandem is a fondamental tool when learning paraglide in our school. We use it at any stage of training.
The sites we use:
-Bellemène the lone real school field on the island, 8 hectares of grass for 110m hight above St Paul.
-Colimaçons 800 World Cup and French championship site. Well none for it's technical thermals, but also perfect for your first, smooth flights soon in the morning, flyable more than 300 days a year!
-St Leu 1500 only soon in the morning for a soft glide with morning light above fantastic landscape perfect to arrive hight above the reef for exercises.
rigorously control by your instructors .
All the gliders are certificated by AFNOR or DHV (Gutesiegel).
Each student use is own glider, adapted to is weight and level, an helmet withE.P.I. norm, a radio and a rescue parachute on the harness.
The school is open every day, all the year !